Monday, February 4, 2019

Revisiting Some Pro-Life Songs


Psalms 139: 13-16

13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. 16 Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

When I was in the 10th grade I worked on a Pro-Life project for my English class. While I don't remember all the ins and outs of the project itself, I do remember using several songs and their lyrics to help me take a stand. I recall evening playing one of the songs in class, handing out the lyrics to everyone to follow along as they listened.

Now you may be asking why am I bringing this up? Well with the recent news of abortions being allowed in Virginia and New York, its really had me riled up and angry. With abortion being in the headlines again the songs of my youth came rushing back to me. I thought since this is a music blog after all, why not share these songs and lyrics? I know some may find it odd for a male to feel so passionate about abortion, but it's something that for some reason God laid on my heart a long time ago. Just because our society may deem abortion more "appropriate" these days, to me it's still murder. I know this is a controversial topic, even in Christian circles, however I feel the need to defend those who don't have a voice and these songs helped me share my faith and my position on this topic as a young adult.

A lot of these songs are by rock bands, so while the style of music may not be your cup of tea, I do encourage you to at least read the song lyrics if nothing else. These songs are listed in no particular order by the way.

BARREN CROSS "Killers of the Unborn"

Lay her down, commence to drill | A primo murder, the legal kill | I am a child about to die | My mother does not hear my cry, no

Killers of the unborn, killers | Killers of the unborn, stop the killing
Injection starts to work its way | I don't feel love, I just feel pain | I'm getting weaker, my poison blood | And death surrounds me like a flood
The operation is over | I'm now in pieces in a garbage bag | Guilt will now take over | 
'Cause where is the relief you thought you had | 

The shame and tears she bears | 

The scar of guilt she is going to wear | 

But he can forgive her | 
If she gives her life to the savior | 
No, no, they're gonna kill me | 
I don't want to die, just let me be | 
No, no, I feel the pain | 
I feel, I feel the pain, no


GALACTIC COWBOYS "If I Were a Killer"


This is just a hypothetical story | Of someone, let's just say it's me | I'd gain acceptance for my murderous ways | By stalking a defenseless prey
If I were a killer | I'd smile just like the boy next door | If I were a killer | I'd say I do it for the poor | If I were a killer You'd bring me victims more and more | If I were a killer
Supreme Court would agree to hear my case | And find me innocent of crime | Holding public rallies to incite sympathy | Creative actuality
If I were a killer | I'd smile just like the boy next door | If I were a killer | I'd say I do it for the poor | If I were a killer You'd bring me victims more and more | If I were a killer
If I were a killer | I'd smile just like the boy next door | If I were a killer | I'd say I do it for the poor | If I were a killer You'd bring me victims more and more | If I were a killer | I'd hide behind a doctor's door | If I were a killer | I'd scrape you off my office floor | If I were a killer
Killer


KING'S X "Legal Kill"

I only know what I believe | The rest seems so absurd to me | I close my eyes so I can't see | But the picture just gets clearer everyday | I read somewhere to learn is to remember | And I've learned we all forgot |There was peace in her before | But that was yesterday | But I can see the beauty that is here for me | The chance to live and walk free | From a legal kill

I know your side so very well | It makes no sense that I can tell | The smell of hell is what I smell | And you hand it out with handshakes everyday | I have trouble with the persons, with the signs | But I feel the need to make my own | Yes there's two ways to be | And truth does not depend on me | But I can feel the fight for life is always real | I can't believe it's no big deal | It's a legal kill

I can feel the fight for life is always real | And I can't believe it's no big deal | It's a legal kill | And I can see the beauty that is here for me | The chance to live and walk free | From a legal kill


DC Talk "Children Can Live (Without It)"

I don't want another country | I want ta recognize intent | Of our forefathers when they wrote | Precisely what they meant | Taken on the form of Christian | But the power is denied | In God we trust only when we lust | For the apple of our eye | One nation under God | With morals out of proportion | An end result is murder | Under legalized abortion 

Children can live without it | Who's gonna take it away? | Children can live without it | Maybe we'll learn someday | Oh, that we'll learn, I pray 

A miracle of God | Now looked on as a choice | It's time for all His children | To unify a voice | With influence in our numbers | And power in out prayer | We must defend the children | And fight for what is fair | What appears to be an upset | Can change its ugly course | And we can do it all | Through Jesus Christ our Lord

Children can live without it | Who's gonna take it away? | Children can live without it | Maybe we'll learn someday | Oh, that we'll learn, I pray 

O, they can fight, but they cannot win | They can scream, but none will hear them | Don't ya know that our conscience will die | If we take away the freedom to survive? 

Children can live without it | Who's gonna take it away? | Children can live without it | Maybe we'll learn someday | Oh, that we'll learn, I pray
Children can live without it | Who's gonna take it away? | Children can live without it | Maybe we'll learn someday | Oh, that we'll learn, I pray
Children can live without it | Who's gonna take it away? | Children can live without it | Maybe we'll learn someday | Oh, that we'll learn, I pray


GRAMMATRAIN "Execution"

Watch while I'm burned in salt | Tell me now where's my fault | I'm torn in two, you pull me through | Oh ignore my shout now scrape me out

Oh nation murders me, me, me

Suck me down your hose | Pieces of my fingers and toes | Use me to brew your lab rat stew | Oh dissolve my voice for your woman's choice

My execution, it's your revolution

Spill my blood on "civil" hands | And I pay to make you free

Oh, nation murders me | Yeah, with politicians dreams | Now silencing my screams, screams, screams

My execution, it's your revolution


HOLY SOLDIER "See No Evil"

I float inside her womb | Oh mother, I am coming soon | Suddenly, fear and dread | When mother says she wants me dead

Oh how can you do this to me?

Thousands come | Please don't kill me | Thousands go | I want to live | Day by day | Can anyone hear me | The numbers grow |I want to live

God hears them cry | We hear the lie | And we simply look the other way

See no evil | Hear no evil | Speak no evil

From a pail with open eyes | I see the man that I despise | He looks at me and turns his back | As my life fades, it fades to black | And there's no turning back

Thousands come | Please don't kill me | Thousands go | I want to live | Day by day | Can anyone hear me? | The numbers grow | I want to live

God hears them cry | We hear the lie | And we simply look the other way

See no evil | Hear no evil | Speak no evil

Mommy, mommy, I'm afraid

No comments:

Post a Comment