Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Eternal Ryte "World Requiem"


Eternal Ryte
World Requiem
1990 Pure Metal Records
Produced By: Caesar Kalinowski

album cover

back

insert (back)

insert (inside)

disc

Track Listings

Say Hello
The Killer
You and Me

Band Members

Bobby Smith: Guitars
Scott Ernest: Percussion
Fred Gustafsson: Bass & vocals
Phil St. Vincent: Lead vocals

Eternal Ryte is one of those bands from the 90's LA scene. I picked up the cassette of this album way back when and after a few listens, it was shelved permanently. One of the nice things about starting this blog is it has gotten me to take a listen to some albums again that I haven't messed with in 20 years. This is one of those albums.

While looking around for the CD of this album, I noticed the secondary prices were in the $30 range. Wow, really? I knew that the album had been re-issued, but I was looking for the original Pure Metal Records version. I stumbled across a eBay listing from a large media reseller and the listing just had a generic "in stock" picture. The album listing along with the track listing didn't mention anything about the re-issue. The Buy It Now price was only $10 w/ free shipping so I took a chance. Less than a week later, low and behold the Pure Metal version arrived in my mail box!

I'm glad I listened to this album again as I have a new appreciation for the music. Phil St. Vincent's vocals, while powerful, aren't my favorite. However musically this album rocks. Seriously, I'm impressed with the guitars, bass and drums on just about every single track.

Some of my favorite tracks include Requiem, The Killer and The King. I don't know if I can recommend dropping $30+ for the original version, but a solid metal effort none the less.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, c'mon. Who doesn't love a song titled, Tightrope Dancer?

    ReplyDelete